Engineering Under the Sea (July 12 - 16, 2021):
Dive into the science of underwater engineering while designing and operating vessels, robots, and tackling other below-the-surface challenges.
Cracking the Code (July 19 - 23, 2021):
Explore ancient ciphers and modern cyber technology as you design code and create a secret language of your own.
Building the World Around Us (July 26 - 30, 2021):
Investigate the structures and systems in our society and experiment with new ways to improve the ways we travel, live and leave our mark on the environment.
Engineering Inside of Us (August 2 - 6, 2021):
Discover the science happening under your skin and find creative solutions to health problems that affect people all over the word.
- Game nights and fun group activities
- Daily engineering project related to weekly theme
- Workshops pertaining to social and academic high school success, female diversity and empowerment, environmental impact, and more
- S.T.E.M demonstrations
- Professional female engineer guest speakers from noted firms and reputable companies
- Lab and UConn tours
- Featured successful, female engineers of both past and present
$495 $295 per session to attend the program. This covers project materials, supply and shipping costs.
- 6th - 9th grade female student (during the 2020 - 2021 school year)
- Applicants who are not in the grade range but are interested in the program are encouraged to apply to be placed on the waiting list.
- Monday, July 12 - Friday, July 16
- Monday, July 19 - Friday, July 23
- Monday, July 26 - Friday, July 30
- Monday, August 2 - Friday, August 6
- Online via Zoom and other platforms
- Expand your understanding of key engineering concepts
- Explore current societal issues and practice problem solving
- Meet fellow young women and female mentors interested in engineering
- Have fun trying new things like coding, building, 3D printing and more!