Image Processing and Machine Learning
Faculty: Dr. Hongyi Xu
This workshop will focus on Image Processing and Machine Learning. The participants will learn the basics of digital images, optimization method, and machine learning. They will also practice generating structural pattern images using machine learning algorithms. Our planned activities include:
- Basics of digital images (math)
- Digital image-based statistical characterization (math, statistics)
- Introduction of machine learning (math, statistics)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) project: creating decorative art patterns by matrix operations and machine learning (math, art)
- Practices of programming in MATLAB and/or Python
Fellowships available: This workshop will be able to support four (4) teachers (up to $600 per participant will be covered by an NSF grant).
This workshop is highly recommended for Physics, Computer Science, Math, Technical Education, and General Science teachers.
Host Departmental Major: Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering & UTC Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269
Computational Design for Manufacturing Laboratory: https://hongyixu.lab.uconn.edu/